This agreement is between the customer and Tempus Logix.
Tempus Logix is a licensed and bonded car transportation brokerage company.
1. The customer agrees and understands that Tempus Logix will contract with a licensed and insured carrier(s) for realizing the shipment.
2. The customer agrees that Tempus Logix may provide your contact information to the carrier for further correspondence and scheduling of vehicle pick up and delivery.
3. The customer understands and agrees that prices are subject to change due to the fluctuations in the car shipping market. If there are any changes to the original agreement, Tempus Logix Team will inform the customer before assigning a carrier, for final confirmation. The customer agrees not to hold Tempus Logix responsible for rate changes or any losses related.
4. The customer will be notified via email as soon as a carrier has been assigned to pick up the shipping order.
5. The customer will be provided with an estimated pickup and delivery dates.
Please note that dates are estimated and delays may happen due to weather, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. Tempus Logix is not responsible for any damages or losses occasioned by any kind of delays (including storage fees, which needs to be paid by the customer).
6. The car(s) will be shipped door-to-door if there is access for a semi-truck and it’s the trailer in both locations (pickup location and delivery location). If there is not enough space for the truck to maneuver, the customer will need to bring the car(s) to a place where the driver will be able to enter (e.g. a big parking lot or a truck stop). If the car is inoperable and is in an inaccessible location, Tempus Logix and/or the carrier are not responsible for towing it to a better location for the pickup or delivery.
Payments and Fees
1. Broker booking and scheduling fees are required via PayPal/Credit Card (5% transaction fee added), ACH, or Bank Account Deposit before pick up.
2. All Checks MUST be received and cleared before delivery.
3. The balance can be paid via cash or any certified funds upon delivery.
4. If the customer requests to pay the balance with a credit card or PayPal, there will be added a 5% merchant’s processing fee.
5. In case of paying the balance fully upfront while booking with us directly (choosing Regular Price), identity verification may be required for security reasons.
6. The customer agrees and understands that no charge-backs can be claimed from Tempus Logix for the balance payment for any reason as Tempus Logix only acts as an agent for the customer to process and forward the funds associated with the freight shipping charges.
7. Failure to release the vehicle for any reason (storage, auction, port, towing, mechanical, purchase fees, scheduling or personal issues, etc.) after a carrier has reached the pickup location may result in cancellation and/or a ‘Dry Run’ fee added to the deposit amount. The standard fee for ‘Dry-Run’ is up to Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00).
8. The customer must prepare the vehicle(s) for transportation. If the vehicle is not ready for pickup, or the vehicle’s condition is not as provided beforehand (has different measurements, additional modifications, and/or turns out to be inoperable) the carrier may refuse to pick up or charge an additional fee. Tempus Logix is not responsible for any additional fees.
9. Rescheduling of the pickup resulted by the vehicle not being ready for pickup, (has different measurements, additional modifications, and/or turns out to be inoperable) may result in a charge of a rescheduling fee of $75.
10. Any loose parts must be either removed or secured. Any part that falls off the vehicle during the transportation is the customer’s responsibility, including damages caused to other vehicles by any loose parts.
11. Luggage and personal property must be confined in one suitcase or bag in the trunk only, with no heavy articles, and not to exceed 100 lbs. unless it is noted otherwise. All personal items inside the vehicle must be below the window level. If the personal property exceeds 100 pounds the carrier may refuse to pick up or charge an additional fee unless noted otherwise. Tempus Logix is not responsible for any additional fees.
12. The customer agrees and understands that the carrier will not be responsible for any of the personal property inside the vehicle and it is not being covered with their insurance.
13. If the customer is unable to accept delivery for any reason, the vehicle might be placed in storage. The customer agrees to pay all storage fees before the pick-up of the vehicle. Tempus Logix is not responsible for any fees.
14. Extra charges may occur if the customer has misrepresented the shipment. Misrepresenting the shipment means providing inaccurate information about the make and model of the vehicle, the condition of the vehicle, the weight of the extra cargo, type of pickup and/or delivery locations (residence, auction, port, etc.), and/or any other information which may affect the price of the shipment.
Inspections and Damage Claims
1. At the time of pickup, the vehicle will be inspected for any damages, scratches, dents, etc. Anything noticed must be noted in the Bill of Lading, which is signed during pickup by the customer (or a representative of the customer).
2. At the time of delivery, the customer will inspect the vehicle in the presence of the carrier. The customer will sign the Bill of Lading. Any damages must be noted in the Bill of Lading. If no damages are noted in the Bill of Lading, it verifies that the vehicle was received undamaged and Tempus Logix and/or the carrier are relieved from any further responsibility.
3. Carrier responsibility ends when the vehicle is delivered and the customer signs the final inspection form also known as BOL.
4. None of the parties involved in the shipping process (Tempus Logix, the carrier, the insurance company of the carrier) are responsible for the internal damages on the vehicle. The BOL signed in both locations indicate the external damages and they are monitored during the shipment. The driver is not responsible for checking any internals and the undercarriage of the car, making notes and reimbursing in case of a damage.
4. Tempus Logix must be notified of any damages made during the transportation process within 24 hours of delivery.
5. The customer agrees that Tempus Logix is not liable for any damage claims to the vehicle and all claims must be made with the carrier company indicated on the Bill of Lading.
6. If there are any damages during the vehicle transportation, the customer will be forwarded the insurance certificate of the carrier company.
7. The customer agrees and understands that Tempus Logix does not have any carrier or insurance obligations.
8. The customer agrees and understands that Tempus Logix is not a transportation company and provides brokerage services only, acts as an agent for the customer in arranging the shipment of the vehicle(s).
9. The customer agrees and understands that no charge-backs can be claimed from Tempus Logix for any damage as Tempus Logix only acts as an agent for the customer to forward the funds associated with freight shipping charges.
10. The customer agrees and understands that claims and freight shipping charges are different transactions.
11. All the fees and charges should be made before filing a claim for any damages or losses.
12. Tempus Logix and the carrier will not be responsible for damages caused by natural disasters, additional belongings, or broken parts of the vehicle.
Cancellation Policy and Refunds
1. If the customer’s vehicle is not picked up within 5 business days from the first available date customer can opt-out of this agreement with no penalties.
2. The customer agrees and understands that refusal or cancellation must be submitted by the customer by writing an email to [email protected] Tempus Logix does not accept or honor cancellations made via phone call.
3. If the customer cancels the order after a truck was assigned, a cancellation fee of $75 may apply.
4. Refusal of carrier or cancellation might result in a $75 rescheduling fee that will be charged in addition to the deposit.
5. If the customer paid a deposit and canceled the order after a truck was assigned the deposit paid may not be refunded.
6. Refunds will be processed within 48 business hours of the approval of the cancellation request.
7. The customer agrees that Tempus Logix holds the right to reject or cancel any order for any reason at any time.