When driving your vehicle long distances is impractical, car shipment is the best and most convenient option. If you are new to this field, you probably think that the shipping process is quite complicated. For sure, you will change your mind after doing research and receiving answers to your questions. Let’s go through the main aspects of car shipping and find out how it works.
What is Auto Transport?
Auto transport is a service that people apply to move their vehicles to any location in the United States. This service is available to get either by an auto transporter or an auto transport broker. In both circumstances, the organization is responsible for transporting your vehicle securely. You can benefit a lot by entrusting the transportation of your car to a reliable and reputable company. It can assist you in avoiding a variety of stressful situations.
What Are Your Choices?
Once you’ve decided to ship your car, you’ll need to choose between the services offered by the various companies. Here they are:
- Open-air auto transport vs. enclosed auto transport: The first option is very safe, and around 95% of all customers select it. But if your car is rare and luxurious, you should choose the enclosed shipping option. It is capable of providing complete protection to your vehicle. But the price is much higher.
- Door-to-door shipping vs. terminal-to-terminal shipping. The door-to-door shipping option is the most convenient for the customers. The truck driver tries to get as near as possible to both of your addresses. However, it costs a bit more than terminal-to-terminal shipping.
- Delivery time. If you want to get your vehicle much faster, you can choose an expedited shipping option. Although this option is more expensive, it may be a good alternative for those who require quick delivery.
What do you have to do?
Firstly, do your research to select the best shipping company. When comparing the advantages of the shipping companies, pay great attention to the following tips:
- Ensure that they have the proper licenses to operate.
- Read online reviews from past customers.
- Check insurance coverage.
- Learn about the driver’s experience.
- Get a pricing quote.
How much will it cost to ship a car?
Every customer wants to ship the vehicle at a reasonable price. But note that paying a lower price sometimes can be very risky. There are, however, some factors that influence the price. Such factors are vehicle type, type of transport, season, distance, condition of the car, and time frame. Obtain at least three different pricing quotes before making your ultimate decision.
How to prepare the car for shipping?
You should prepare your car for transport before giving over the keys. It’s an effortless task. Let’s go through several actions you should do:
- Thoroughly clean the exterior and interior of your vehicle and take good photographs from every angle.
- Remove all your items.
- Cut your fuel use by a quarter of a tank.
- Look over your car for any damage and inform the truck driver.
There is nothing other than to wait for your car’s safe delivery. Only remember to sign the condition report after receiving and inspecting your vehicle.