Are you on the verge of significant changes? Are you about to ship your car for the first time but don't know what processes to go through to make a decision best fit for you? Save your precious time and take into consideration our accurate and brief tips. At first, the shipping process may seem very complicated, but once you understand the basics of automobile shipping, you'll be amazed at how simple it is. After reading this step-by-step guide, you will find out a few factors you need to concentrate on your target. Let's get started.
Look for the Best Shipping Company
Selecting the best shipping company is an essential factor to consider. After all, by the time you hand in your keys to the carrier, your car is already under the company's responsibility. One of the main factors when choosing a shipping company is the cost. So check out sites to get quotes and compare the prices. Now let's figure out the factors that affect the price:
- Enclosed or open-air transport. You may choose the enclosed method of transportation if your car is rare and expensive, as it fully protects the vehicle from all sides. Open-air transport is not only very safe but also far cheaper and more accessible.
- Door-to-door shipping is the fastest way for car shipping. Thus, the driver has to pick up and deliver your vehicle as close as possible to your mentioned addresses.
- Shipping destination. Depending on the popularity of the drop-off location, the shipping price can vary significantly. In the busiest areas, all the companies try to provide lower prices.
- Expedited or standard shipping. You should reserve your auto shipping beforehand because each process takes time. But if you need to do it faster, you can select the expedited shipping, which will cost you a bit more.
- Shipping insurance. The safety of the vehicle is one of the focal elements of auto shipment. The carrier company is usually responsible for any damages that may occur to your car after pickup. It can also affect the price.
When making your final decision, remember to consider the pricing and the company's reputation. Check out Trustpilot, BBB, and Google Reviews to see what people say about auto transportation companies.
Prepare Your Car for Shipping
Now that you've decided which shipping company will deliver your vehicle, it's time to get it ready for its journey. Let's go over the significant actions you need to take.
- First, wash the outside and inside of your automobile and take clear photos.
- Take out all of your belongings from your vehicle.
- Inspect your vehicle for any existing damage, which the carrier will document at pickup and delivery.
- Reduce the fuel consumption by around a quarter tank.
After all these preparations, hand over the car keys and sign the bill of lading. If you have late or delayed delivery for various reasons, try to be patient and understanding.
When you get your car, make sure you inspect it thoroughly. If you discover any damage, please notify the carrier, fill in a complaint form and make applicable notes on the inspection report. However, if everything appears to be in order, sign off on the condition and enjoy your vehicle!